Only three Morris Minor Pickup fire engines are known to exist. The original was an early 1953 model, based on a prototype chassis of the then-new van. It was converted into a fire appliance by the en- gineering division at Morris Motors in Oxford (UK) for use on the fac- tory grounds. The small vehicle was especially designed to travel on the narrow paths between the assembly tracks. It remained in service until 1983 and is now on display at the British Motor Museum (for- merly known as Heritage Motor Centre) at Gaydon, Warwickshire. Two others, including this one from 1969, have been lovingly re- created from the Corgi Classics scale model of the original Morris Motors factory fire engine. This vehicle is in excellent condition and is fully equipped with ladder, bell, blue light, searchlight, standpipe, fire extinguishers, helmet and uniform. The letters on the bodywork were hand-painted.
Sir Alec Issigonis, the designer of the legendary Austin/Morris Mini, also penned the lines of the Morris Minor, which was produced from 1948 until 1972.